If you plan to try to lose weight this year, there are 10 things that can derail your results. Avoiding these mistakes will help you lose weight safely, and keep it off for life.
1. The number one mistake is Dieting. Believing that you need some magic diet, plan, pill, or weird foods to lose weight. Starving yourself, depriving yourself – none of that works. You can lose weight easily when you learn how to eat right.
2. Falling for dangerous fad diets that cause sometimes long term health problems, or relying on “diet” foods that are full of corn syrup. Read those labels!
3. Not eating enough. Many people pride themselves on not eating a day, and then stuffing themselves silly at the evening meal because – ‘they haven’t eaten all day.’ First, your body has a natural protection mechanism to keep from starving. If enough food is not coming in, this defense mechanism kicks in building up fat for you to live on. The second problem is taking in all of your calories when you are least likely to do much to burn them off. You need to eat 3 meals, and 2 snacks a day to keep your metabolism burning.
4. Not taking enough time to relax, which results in stress eating. Stress also affects how your body works.
5. Not drinking enough water to keep your system flushed, and organs and skin hydrated. Think of a dry sponge. It doesn’t work very well. That’s what you’re doing to your body when you don’t drink enough water.
6. Not eating enough protein to build muscle instead of fat.
7. Not eating at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day to give your body the super powers it needs to make you look and feel great. Even if you change nothing else about the way you eat, and just add more fruits and vegetables, you will see improvement in the way you look and feel – and you will lose a couple of pounds.
8. Not getting enough sleep to let your body repair itself. What happens when you’re tired? Your body craves more sugar for energy.
9. Not getting enough exercise to keep all those joints and muscles working smoothly (heart and lungs are muscles too) and keep your metabolism burning.
10. Filling up on foods with no vitamins. You’ll always be tired and hungry until you give your body what it’s asking for. Eat some fresh fruits or vegetables with every meal and you’ll cut your cravings.
“Study of Skinny People Reveals the Secrets to Fast & Natural Weight Loss”
I just stumbled across a couple of ‘weight loss blogs’ that are nothing but a sales pitch. They have basically the same information, changed a little to make it look like it is a personal story. Be careful out there!
There are a lot of those Acai Berry, colon cleanse dieting sites that refers to the Oprah show with Dr. Oz. I clicked on one of them (trying to lose my 67 extra pounds of pregnancy weight). They sent me a free colon cleanse (only pay shipping) but I just noticed today that for some reason they charged me $67 twice on my card. I am obviously going to call and complain.
Maria (conversations with moms)’s last blog post..Gas and Colic and Reflux- Oh My
Oh my gosh Maria – You’ll have to let us know what happens. I’m so leary of things like colon cleansing stuff in the first place, and all these scammy looking advertisers.
I really encourage you to try High Energy Eating. Not only is is safe, but you want to feed your kids a healthy diet too so they can grow up big and strong, and smart and all that. It’s good for all of you, and it’s good for life. You’ll never be tempted to fall for any of these things ever again.
Cleansing The Colon Can Be Done By Simply Drinking A Lot Of Juice Every Day..
Funny how weight loss is such a scam artist business. Worse than buying used cars I sometimes think. It really is just common sense, but more importantly the clarity of mind to stay with your common sense.
Michelle @ What Does Your Body Good?’s last blog post..Easy Peasey Breakfast Bars and a blogger meetup
Round about three years ago, I got extra weight and decided to overcome it by dieting , just after 2 months I got the results but at the cost of lack in the ability of memorizing the things. So I concluded that lazy people adopt the way of dieting and don’t plan for exercise or they don’t believe that they can overcome this problem by exercise.
It really depends on your goal. If your goal is to be totally immobile, then by all means, continue doing what you’re doing. If you want to build strength then see a doctor and follow through with therapy. The reason medical intervention didn’t work for anybody you know is because they likely half-assed their recovery and gave up.