What could be more perfect for Lent than Mustard Seed Relish?
When I saw this I knew I had to share it. Probably should have saved it for Good Friday, right?
Sigh. My faith is as small as a mustard seed far too often…Anyway – enjoy this recipe from honestcooking.com
Fast, fresh and flavorful -this post is all about the relish. Made with simple, everyday ingredients, Mustard Seed Relish is perfect over seared chicken, fish, or keep it vegan and spoon it over grilled eggplant (my favorite!), portobello mushrooms or roasted cauliflower steaks! So versatile and easy, yet interesting and different, whole grain mustard gives simple familiar foods a delicious twist. And my guess is you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
Mustard Seed Relish
Serves: 2-4 servings
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 5 cornichons ( little french pickles- or sub 2 tablespoons capers)
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard like Maille
- zest of ½ a lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Whisk relish ingredients together in a small bowl.Sylvia Fountaine –Caterer and chef of Feast Catering Co., my blog Feasting at Home is where I share wholesome, seasonal recipes we cook at home.
More Posts – Website – Twitter – Facebook – Pinterest