Do you want to jumpstart your weight loss â€“ fast? Of course, right?
OK, buckle your seat belts. Lets do it! Here is a 7 day eating plan to help you lose fast (but its so healthy, you can continue as long as you like.)
You might find this a little odd. We’re not going to focus on calories. Instead, we’ll focus on food types and timing.
When you get up â€“ hydrate your body. Drink a glass of water.
Eat a good breakfast
Best, egg, toast, fruit, coffee (or green tea), juice
Or â€“ toast, yogurt, fruit, coffee (or green tea), juice
Or – Oatmeal, toast, fruit, coffee (or green tea), juice
The toast can be any kind you want, except bagels.
You can use butter and honey or 100% fruit spread.
If you didn’t eat your yogurt, you can eat it now. Yeah, I know you. You didn’t listen to me and skimped on your breakfast. You did say you wanted to lose weight fast, right?
Did you eat your fruit? If not, eat some now. If so, eat some more. You can also have a handful of nuts.
You can have coffee, tea, vegetable or fruit juice, or water
Try to not use cream or sugar. If you’re drinking juice, make sure they’re not loaded with sugars or corn syrup.
Salad with lean protein. Try to use vinaigrette style dressings instead of Ranch or creamy dressings. Or
A sandwich with lean protein, lettuce tomato, and whatever vegetables you want. If you must use mayo, use it very sparingly.
You may also have a low sodium soup, and/or fruit.
You may drink tea, vegetable or fruit juice, or water
Have you been good so far? If yes, you can have a piece of chocolate! The darker you can stand, the better.
Other options â€“ (pick one)
Peanut butter and 4 or 5 baked crackers
Peanut butter and sliced apples
Peanut butter and celery
Cheese and 4 or 5 baked crackers
Salsa and tortilla chips
Vegetables and low fat dip
At least half of your dinner should be vegetables. This can be a tossed salad, and/or green beans, or broccoli, or whatever other vegetables you like. For this fast weight loss week, eat them as plain as possible.
Have a 5 or 6 oz. Serving of lean protein. This can be fish, chicken breast, pork chop, or even steak. No breading. No deep frying. For this week, no sauces. You can cook in butter or coconut oil. Use great seasonings to spice things up. You can make chicken taste different every night.
If a salad, a side of vegetables and 5-6 ounces of lean protein are not enough for you, add a baked potato, or a baked sweet potato, or french bread with olive oil and Parmesan for dipping.
This week you should try to refrain from eating after dinner. Have a cup of tea. Green tea is not only healthy, but its calming.
You can have some fruit. You can have a little whipped cream, as long as its real whip cream. Or go European and have fruit and cheese.
Now there’s a few secret ingredients that help speed all this up even more –
1. Eat all freshly prepared foods. No boxes, cans, jars, drive-thrus. This is probably the biggest secret of the thin & healthy.
2. Keep your body hydrated. Think of your body as a sponge. What does that sponge look like without water? Now what does your brain look like without water? Your muscles? You should drink 6-8 ounces every couple of hours. You don’t have to drown yourself.
3. Get 30 minutes of exercise a day. Walking is probably the most effective. You could dance, play DDR, vacuum, bowl, etc. It doesn’t have to be working out at the gym.
4. Sleep! This one seems counter-intuitive, but you need to get enough sleep. Sleep is the time when your body heals itself. You have to give it enough time to do that. Not only that, but when you haven’t gotten enough sleep â€“ your body craves more fuel. Usually in the form of fast grab carbs that are just going to pile on the calories with no nutrient value.
5. According to Dr. Mercola, and others â€“ a gentle and safe detox would be to take plain niacin (not the time release), work out, and use an infared sauna for 30-40 minutes.
Note â€“ niacin can cause flushing in some people. Its nothing serious and passes quickly. However, start off with a low dose. Dr. Mercola says the time release versions are bad for your liver. If you are under a doctor’s care, check with them before taking new supplements.
As you probably realized, there is nothing especially hard about eating this way. With the exception of detoxing, you can, and should continue this sort of lifestyle forever.
After the first week or two, start eating different dishes to keep from getting bored. As long as you are making fresh real food, you are good to go. In the recipes, there are hundreds of easy, healthy and delicious ideas for you to try.
An occassional dinner out or holiday dinner will not mess you up as long as you get back to healthy eating the next day. You don’t have to be a saint, a martyr, or a stick in the mud.
You will continue to lose weight as long as you keep up with this lifestyle.
Like any lifestyle change, it takes a little getting used to. Keep trying new recipes and finding healthy foods you like. Once you get over that hump and you’re looking and feeling better, you won’t want to go back to your old way of eating. After a while you will find that things you used to like don’t taste good anymore. Your tastebuds have healed from the chemical onslaught. That’s when you know you are free!
And that’s when you will start enjoying all the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.