Metro Parent Did a survey of their readers to find out what Moms really want for Valentines Day. Here were the top 10 answers –
- Clean House (fresh flowers on the table earned extra points)
- A Night Out
- Something Cute from the kids
- Free Time to Netflix
- An Adoring Post
- Household Management Handled
- The Simple Things..
Metro Parent multimedia sales specialist Kathy Harvey says it best: “I would say the thing I want most for Valentine’s Day are really the simple things in life. I would love to have a nice family dinner, hear the words ‘I love you’ from my hubby-to-be and our girls and of course, some dark chocolate.”
That is a pretty good list. I especially like Kathy’s wishes.
Sleep is always a good thing, right?
A clean house is a gift I give myself. It would be nice if someone else pitched in…but it is what it is.
A night out tonight? Long waits, mediocre food, expense… maybe another night.
How about something more realistic? –
- Show me you love me
- Sleep? At least help me get to bed on time.
- Clean house? If they would at least pick up after themselves and do the dishes.
- Eat the dinner I lovingly prepared with no complaints.
- At least a half hour uninterrupted in the bathroom with some great smelling body wash and lotion.
- Don’t wait until 5 minutes after I’ve gone to bed to load the sink with dishes and leave them.
- Oh – Chocolate is always good too!
That would make me happy. How about you? What would make you happy today?