Every once in a while I get sent a pass around email that is actually worth sharing. This one is so common sense I had to share it –
BEST THING I HAVE HEARD YET…..From a senior citizen around 80 yrs. of age. (We aren’t useless yet.)
There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg , Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: “How Would You Fix the Economy?” I think this guy nailed it!
Dear Mr. President,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing America ‘s economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the “Patriotic Retirement Plan”:
There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings – Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered – Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage – Housing Crisis fixed.
It can’t get any easier than that!!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes…
Mr. President, while you’re at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I’ll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!
If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.
If you read the related articles, the last article brings up a really good point – Did we the people vote to give congress the lavish benefits and retirement they enjoy at our expense? Shouldn’t they have to live like the rest of us?
- How to Fix Congress by Warren Buffet !!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- A solution to fix Congress and save $$ (bulltopia.wordpress.com)