For some reason, we have been brainwashed to believe that we should strive to do as little as possible – even though that feels really icky.
In reality, nothing can beat the high you feel when you accomplish things.
Here are some of the top head benefits of getting things done…
- You clear the stress and guilt of things not done – things left undone eat away at you. You know you need to do it. We make up these grand stories about how hard it is to complete. Most of the time, it was no sweat and we should have just done it in the first place and saved ourselves all that pain.
2. You have more energy – seems counter-intuitive, but when you don’t have things hanging over your head, you are in a better mood and have way more energy.
3. You have more self esteem – You feel better about who you are when things are done.
4. You have the satisfaction of doing what you said you were going to do – we all know people who talk about all the things they’re going to do. Its a rare person who actually gets it done. You Rock!
5. You learn what works, and what doesn’t – sometimes we put things off when we are not sure about how to do it. The biggest hurdle is just giving it a go, despite the fear. I’m tech cursed. Rarely does anything tech related work for me on the first try. Fortunately, I don’t have this problem in other areas of my life. It feels great when you figure it out!
6. Oh – The happiness of looking at what you just did – do you ever stand back and admire how clean and shiny your kitchen is? Or how great your garden looks? Or how awesome that new paint color looks in your living room? There is a lot of pride in accomplishment! Go ahead and gloat!
7. You have the confidence to take on the next task – the more you accomplish, the more you are willing to tackle.
8. It all works to build your internal knowing that you are a competent person and you can do what you set out to do.
9. You have increasing drive and motivation. You are unstoppable!
10. You make the world a better place by being a good example.
“If you want your life to work, you must be willing to do the work.”
Iyanla Vanzant of Fix my Life
Has anyone told you today how awesome you are?
Yep. You are amazing!
Have a great week!