Most of the week, I don’t have the time or the motivation to cook. But I want to eat, and I want to have energy after I eat. Fast food just leaves me feeling lethargic. I don’t have time for that!
So, I have to cook.
I have sort of a system for fast dinners that I thought I would share with you –
Pick one – (a serving is 6 ounces)
- Chicken Breast
- Pork Chop
For the most part I season and sautee’ a few minutes on each side.
Veggies – (as many as you feel like cutting up)
- Green beans
- Carrots (take a little longer, start those first)
- Tossed salad
- Tomato, onion & cucumber salad
Really, you can cut up any combination. Sliced tomatoes are great as a side. So is broccoli with something to dip it in.
Fruit- pick one
Other sides – Pick one, unless you are trying to lose weight – then try to omit
- French or Italian bread with olive oil and Parmesan for dipping
- Baked potato (microwave)
- Baked sweet potato (microwave)
- Mac and Cheese I’m still playing with this recipe. I add Worcestershire sauce and a little cayenne pepper. I still haven’t gotten it perfect, but its not bad, and its not full of chemicals.
- Baked fries once in a while
- Baked beans
And that is how I assemble fast dinners on the fly.