I know its been hard to think about the holidays approaching – but the holidays are going to be here before you know it. It’s time to whip that house into shape!
If you are going to be doing any major decorating projects, you are already kinda late. There has been more than one year when I’ve been finishing up projects a day or two before Thanksgiving Dinner – YIKES! You better be hustling!
Then there’s things like
- Washing windows before it gets cold
- Getting rugs, curtains, blankets, comforters, coats, gloves and scarves washed or cleaned.
- Vacuuming under things and in all the corners and crevices.
- Changing the furnace filter.
- Cleaning out expired foods, or foods no one is ever going to eat out of the cabinets and fridge so you have room.
- Wiping out cabinets and drawers – especially that silverware drawer…
- Taking inventory of things you’ll need for holiday entertaining – silverware, glasses, chairs, containers…
Start doing little things now, and watching for sales. The more you can get done and buy now, the less stress you’ll have later on.