On January 31, family farmers will take part in the first phase of a court case filed to protect farmers from genetic trespass by Monsanto’s GMO seed, which contaminates organic and non-GMO farmer’s crops and opens them up to abusive lawsuits. In the past two decades, Monsanto’s seed monopoly has grown so powerful that they control the genetics of nearly 90% of five major commodity crops including corn, soybeans, cotton, canola and sugar beets.
In many cases farmers are forced to stop growing certain organic and conventional crops to avoid genetic contamination and potential lawsuits. Between 1997 and 2010, Monsanto admits to filing 144 lawsuits against America’s family farmers, while settling another 700 out of court for undisclosed amounts. Due to these aggressive lawsuits, Monsanto has created an atmosphere of fear in rural America and driven dozens of farmers into bankruptcy.
Farmers need your voice today. Please spread the word today.
- Citizens Assemble in Support of Family Farmers vs. Monsanto (truthsupport.wordpress.com)
- Court Rules Organic Farmers Can Sue Conventional, GMO Farmers Whose Pesticides ‘Trespass’ and Contaminate Their Fields (readyfortheshift.com)
- Maine Farmer the Face of Organic Growers’ Fight Against Monsanto (2012indyinfo.com)
- Monsanto swindle destitutes millions in India…. (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- MONSANTO: Leaked documents reveal US diplomats actually work for Monsanto !!! (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- 270.000 Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- Where the GMOs Grow (gogreennation.org)