Has tax time left you high and dry? Someone told me once that you should be grateful that you have to pay taxes. It means you made money. But you guys know I’m not that noble!
If you’re looking for fairies, flowers and rainbows, you’re on the wrong site. I’m a brass tacks survival sort of girl.
Anyway… if you’re feeling the tax day pinch – here are some tips for finding some extra money –
12 Ways to Find Extra Money
1. Plan your menus and grocery list around the sale paper. I am the queen of loss leader shopping. Don’t feel guilty about it!
2. Use coupons.
3. Shop on coupon doubling days.
4. Only buy things if they’re on sale.
5. Only buy things you truly love. So-So – Let it go.
6. Review your phone service. Are you getting the best deal?
7. Ditto for car insurance.
8. Drop loose change into a jar. It adds up quick!
9. Carry a small memo pad. Write down every cent you spend. A real eye-opener!
10. Sell your used books that are in good condition at Amazon.
11. Clean out closets, storeroom, kids rooms. Plan a garage sale, or sell items on eBay, or bring to a consignment shop, or donate to charity for a tax write-off.
12. Get rid of gas guzzling cars and trucks.
This Lesson taken from Whole Life Overhaul
Oh, I thought of one more. Do your own minor car repairs. You can find videos on how to do just about anything on YouTube!
And another – you can cut your cable bill. Get outside, take a walk, walk the dog, play frisbee, play disc golf, clean the house … There are a lot of things you can do instead. You’ll feel better and lose weight too!
We dropped ours probably 7 years ago now. We don’t miss it. If we want to watch something, we go to the library and check out a stack of movies – free.
And another – eat healthy. You’ll cut your medical expenses.
OK, that’s enough. My head is starting to hurt 😉